Monday to Friday
Mornings: 9-12pm OR Afternoons: 1-4pm
Bright Beginnings is accepting enrollment for the Academy. For students with proficiency in English, learn academic reading, writing, math or prepare for your Test Prep with the Sylvan Learning program, the largest after-school tutoring company in the US. Our program is structured such that students can select which academic subjects to focus on to catch-up or get ahead. Customers can also select to attend during the mornings or in the afternoons. Students also have an option to participate in a variety of activities exploring the magic of Hawaii by participating in afternoon activities.
Best Tutor in Hawaii since 2013
At the Academy, students can identify how their English compares to other local students across America. We have been selected as the Best Tutor in Hawaii for 5 years straight from 2013 by Honolulu Family Magazine.
Results Matter! Since the mid-1980's, we have earned the trust of thousands of families across generations, thanks to our proven business model with the Sylvan Insight model. Based on an internal study for the past 3 years, we have achieved outstanding results for students in Reading & Math. And, we have Facts about our Center:
- What % of students show improvements in Reading? Answer: 70%
- How many grade improvements in Reading were realized? Answer: 1.8 grades after 24 sessions
- What % of students show improvements in Math? Answer: 95%
- How many grade improvements in Math were realized? Answer: 2.8 grades after 24 sessions
What Level of English qualifies for Academic Programs?
Students need to have a proficient to advanced level of English to qualify for these programs. Students should be able to express themselves with a variety of sentence lengths of varying linguistic complexity in extended oral or written discourse. Students are either almost fluent, attend international schools for at least 1 year or are generally very good in English. If so, then, these programs may be right for you!
Why our Academic Program is Different?
Multi-faceted assessment allows us to put together a program best suited and personalized for each student
Student to teacher ratio is never more than 4:1
Breakthrough learning technologies through our digital teaching platforms with iPads
Curriculum is aligned with United States Department of Education Core Standards
Step 1: Assess
Imagine unparalleled insight into your child
- Child takes a computer-adaptive skills assessment, pinpointing your child’s strengths and skill gaps compared to his grade level peers nationwide
- Observations identify oral reading, writing and math
- Self-evaluation rates child’s own habits & attitudes towards school
Step 2: Plan
A personal plan tailored to your child’s needs
- A learning program unique to your child is created
- The system maps out all the skills to focus on and the order to learn them
- Plans are adjusted as needed so your child stays challenged, but not frustrated
Step 3: Teach
Best tutors using the best technology
- Blend personal instruction with digital tools via SylvanSync – interactive lessons on iPads,
- so lessons can adapt to your child’s skill level and pace.
- Let’s face it, using an iPad makes learning so much more fun!
Step 4: Apply
Maximizing results & motivating your child to thrive
- Results are important to you and to us.
- We Measure the progress of your child continuously
- Get real-time feedback on progress with mySylvan to view progress, upcoming lessons, and access home activities
- Build confidence and excitement to learn!